Home

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

German Sandwich Meat

     This will be a quick one before we put up a series of posts about our Fall break in Spain.  So last year one of my Australian co-workers was telling me about this great sandwich meat that he buys on a weekly basis from the Penny Markt.  It's a seasoned turkey breast, and I'll explain the reasoning for the name in a second but here is the wonderful product that blew him away:





     That's right folks...........my boy couldn't get enough of this Black Puty (pronounced "pooty") and didn't think it was as funny as I did.  The best part is that the radio and television commercials for Black Puty use the song "Black Betty" by Ram Jam as their jingle......."Whoa, Black Puty, ram-a-lam......".
     So, it's not that odd here because "Puty" is short for "Puten" which means turkey in German.  I had to try it and I must say that Black Puty isn't too bad.  I think that I'll easily be able to "go back" to my previous sandwich meat though.

--Justin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...