Home

Friday, May 21, 2010

One Year Older

As many of you might know I love birthdays and mine is no exception. Yesterday I celebrated my 27th birthday which means I have moved over into my late twenties. Don't worry I have no hang ups about getting older.  I just hope as I get older I have learned a few things, but also kept a child like spirit. I take after my mom in that I like to celebrate my birthday not just on the actual date, but throughout the month. I have to say the celebrations started early this year as I was given gifts from my mother in-law, sister and brother in-law and my mom and step-dad when I was home in April. Also on my trip back for my friend Lauren's wedding I had one night in Atlanta and my girl Melanie and her husband threw me a mini party with a few guests and some kick ass food. Mel's husband, Chris, is finishing up culinary school and he cooked up a Mexican feast that was to die for. The queso dip rocked my face off. It was an amazing night and I am so lucky to have such great friends.

Chef Chris working the kitchen

Kayce, me, Meredith and Mel. Thanks Mel and Chris for an awesome night and on a school night. Meredith thanks for the fabulous birthday cake!

My actual birthday was quite low key, but very fitting. I started the day by teaching a class and my supervisor did an observation. The observation rocked and so the day was starting off right. From there I met up with my friend, Katy, and met a new friend, Grace. Grace is friends with Katy and also got a job at my language school. So the three of us now work together and get to tell all our hilarious classroom stories to each other. It is funny how I referred Katy to the job and then Katy referred Grace to the job. We know a good thing when we see it.

After lunch I had the later afternoon free so what better to do than take a nap. I mean it is my birthday and I love naps, great combo.  Justin came home around 6 bearing gifts!!!! We started with a birthday beer then proceeded to open presents.

Justin even got birthday wrapping paper! Love him!

A new umbrella! I know this might seem lame, but it has been raining a ton here and my umbrella was cheap and broken. Love the color!

I wanted you to feel like you were right there with me opening presents. Justin took some great reaction photos.

This is a really cute present because it is the signature pottery and painting style of Frankfurt.

It has our neighborhood written on it, Bornheim.

Last but not least.

A teapot set. I was served tea in Vienna using one of these things and I said I would love one. Well Justin found one in Frankfurt and it rocks! I used it this morning and it was very enjoyable.

Justin was very generous this year and also got me an online photography class that starts in June. Here is the link if you are interested. I am excited to actually learn how to use our camera on manual finally. 

After present opening we enjoyed a dinner of all locally/organic food. It was a stew we like to make translated to Farmers stew, it was my requested birthday meal. It was amazing and then to top it off we rented a movie, Valentine's Day (thank you Justin for watching it with me, what a guy) and enjoyed my favorite pastry.

This pastry is so good. It has like vanilla pudding in the middle and a glaze over the top that is awesome.

Don't think the festivities stop there. We are headed out of town for the weekend and then next friday we are having a birthday dinner party at our neighborhood restaurant and our girl, Tanya, is hooking us up. The only thing missing from this birthday is a joint party with my BFF, Dave. We have the same birthday and for the past 4 years we have thrown a really fun party. Happy Birthday Dave wish I was there to celebrate with you! I always say your birthday is what you make it and I like to celebrate and I hope you do too!

-Marisa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...