Home

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Aston's do Hong Kong!

I can't even begin to put into words how wonderful it was to see my brother and his family a few weeks back. My brother was going on a surfing trip in Indonesia and thought it might be fun to stop through Hong Kong with the whole family. And I am so glad they did. It had been two years since I had seen him, my sister-in-law, and my two nieces. And when I say the Aston's did Hong Kong I mean it took me a week to recover from all the fun and activities. Instead of giving you the play by play I will let the pictures tell the story.

After a long flight they made it and just in time to enjoy the inflatable rubber duck

No trip is complete without some Peking duck and...

...pork soup dumplings.


Enjoying a few races


Heading up the tram to the amazing view at the Peak (it was so cloudy we saw nothing) Thankfully my brother did a mad dash to the Peak on his layover back from Indonesia and had a clear day.

Oceanpark



It was so rainy, but in true Aston fashion we made the most of it!

Justin even won a carnival game and his prize (a stuffed pineapple man) proudly sits in our guest room

Dang!!!!

The beautiful Nan Lian Gardens.





It is getting too hot not to have a fan. I have actually used it a lot since it has been hovering around 30-33 C everyday (86-90 F), humidity included





The Chi Lin Nunnery was beautiful

A trip to the Old Kowloon Walled City. If you look closely you can see the model shoot going on in the background.

Aberdeen-We joined up with Andrew and Kath again for another Hong Kong Food Tour

Ap Lei Chau fish market

I am still not even sure what these are




This was something that I have never seen, but somewhere in Causeway Bay people go to these woman with a person's name on a piece of paper and that woman proceeds to bang a shoe on the name.  Not once, but maybe up to 50 times. You could call this a cultural moment.

The visit was amazing and we ate our way through Hong Kong as well as ran around trying to capture a glimpse what Hong Kong has to offer. I don't think anyone will be able to keep up with the Aston pace. It was a bonus to celebrate my 30th birthday with them too (next post)!

Jeremy, Meredith, Elizabeth, and Emily- I love you guys very much and I am so grateful to have family that will fly all the way across the Pacific and visit us in Hong Kong. You guys are an amazing family and thank you for letting us experience it. Next time let's not go two years without seeing each other.

--Marisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...