Home

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Where are the Jackson's?

Hello everyone. Yes we are alive and things are going pretty well. Both of us said a few days ago that we have not been motivated to write lately. After the summer of a lot of blogs I guess we needed a break. Another reason is we are a two full time job family now and that has made blogging a little difficult. Plus I am taking German classes (finally I know) two nights a week for 3 hours each. So we are just figuring out a good system right now. There is plenty to blog about so hopefully this is the first of many.

For all of you that don't know I have a new job!!!! No more teaching English. I took a job at Justin's school and I am a University Counselor. I help kids go to college, I mean it doesn't get any better than that. I am really enjoying it, but the whole getting up at 5:45am is going to get old real quick. Glad I married Mr. Overachiever.

The school year has started off great. Justin is really loving his classes this year and we ride the train together to work everyday...how cute right? I even went on the 12th grade bonding trip for a weekend and that was an adventure. We have some really great new teachers and we have enjoyed getting to know them.

One really awesome German tradition that I got to enjoy at school was the ceremony for 1st graders. It is like an induction into 1st grade where they get this huge cone called a Schultueten filled with goodness. The 2nd graders sing them a song and off they go to their 1st grade class with their awesome backpack reflectors.

First day of school at the 1st grade ceremony. Check out the cones and the reflectors.

One thing to note is on August 6th, 2010 we celebrated our one year anniversary in Germany. It is seriously crazy to think about how much has happened in a year.  Coming to a foreign place not knowing anyone, not having a job(for me), and barely speaking the language to having a great community of friends, two full time jobs, and a lot a cities checked off the places to see before you die. It has truly been an incredible year and I would not trade it for anything. We learned so much about ourselves and each other throughout the year.

To celebrate our German Anniversary we headed back to the place where it all started...the neighborhood festival called Bernemer Kerb. 

The night wouldn't have been complete without our first friends, Ryan and Katy.

Year two has started off with a bang and I am super pumped to see what God has in store for us this year!

By the way for all my friends still sweating in the heat, it is definitely Fall here. The leaves are changing and I am wearing scarves and jackets. The famous green jacket is out in full effect, I think this is year six for that bad boy. I have to say I love Fall. I mean Fall colors are my colors, but I think that the cold weather has come a little too early. I almost wish I was still wearing tank tops and sun-dresses, no I do wish I was. If you can't beat em join em right?

Happy Fall Y'all!!

--Marisa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...