Home

Monday, April 18, 2011

A night in London and a conference in Oxford

One perk to my job is getting to go to conferences and since I live in Europe it usually means traveling to another country. Two weekends ago I went to Oxford, England for a college counseling course and stayed at St. Anne's College.

I was lucky enough to fly into London the night before the conference and enjoy a great evening with Joanna and Laura. We visited them last February so it had been awhile since I had seen these awesome ladies. I was even fortunate to meet Laura's boyfriend, Dan. He was one that took the adorable pictures below.

The girls!

Dan's awesome shot capturing my excitement for ice cream

The whole gang
(all three photos are credited to Dan)

The next afternoon I hopped a train to Oxford. I have to say Oxford was a great place and I would definitely go back. You could see and feel the history (and intellect) all around you. I met some fellow counselors as well as some IB teachers who were there doing revision courses for students. We had an awesome time sharing stories from our schools and learning from each other. The pubs in Oxford were a highlight. They were some of the best I have ever seen. I am kicking myself for not taking more pictures, but then again I was "working."

St. Anne's College

The Courtyard at St. Anne's College

Walking around Oxford

A cool building with heads on the columns

The tulips were in full bloom everywhere and I loved it.

I left the conference feeling inspired and having a new found love for Oxford. I would love to go back with Justin because I know he would love it. All in all it was a treat to see Joanna, Laura, and Dan and the trip to Oxford was a success.

I wanted to get this post in before we started posting about our Thailand trip (which we are currently on). Next post-Thailand!!!!!

--Marisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...