Home

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Jackson US Summer Tour: VA

I had the added bonus of visiting the beautiful state of Virginia and visiting with some of my dear friends. The main reason for my visit to Virginia was to take my last two master's on-campus classes called intensives at Liberty University. I did the same thing last summer and it was good to be a college students again. But school is boring to talk about so lets talk about more exciting things. One of my best friends from college, Lauren, lives in Harrisonburg, VA and I got to meet her adorable son, Luke.

The little guy, Luke

Seeing Lauren is always good for the soul and even with the miles between us we always fall back into right where we left off.

The surprise of my visit with Lauren was I got to see her sweet mom, Leslie. I had not seen her in about 2 years so it was such a nice treat.

The whole family and a redhead

In addition to Luke and Leslie, I also got to see Lauren's husband's sister, Brittany. It was a full house and filled with tons of fun.

After my second week of classes I headed to Charlottesville to visit some of mine and Justin's best friends from college, the Tisons. 

This is probably my 3rd or 4th visit to Charlottesville and every time I like it more and more. What a great place!

One awesome part of this visit was the last minute visit with my girl, Kristen. Mad props to her for working a 12-hour nursing day and driving an hour from Richmond. Man I love that girl and it had been way too long. Thanks Chris for giving us a girls' night!

This guy was my favorite. Chris and Liz's son, Noah, is so animated and talkative and I could just eat him up. I mean look at him!

We were best buddies by the end of two days!

Visiting good friends always centers me. I can be myself and just be silly. I had great conversation, good food, and lot of smiles and laughs. Thanks VA friends for letting me take over your life for a few days. Lots of love!

--Marisa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...